Infrared Thermography (Thermal Imaging)
Thermal imaging is used to identify patterns of heat loss from your property that are invisible to the naked eye. Thermal imaging is conducted using a high tech infrared camera. This camera is able to determine the pattern of heat loss through the fabric of the building and heating systems.
Thermal imaging is a non-destructive, no contact testing method. Minimizing the potential damage to sound construction and targeting the defective area directly.
Benefits of Thermal Imaging:
- Real time capture of heat loss.
- The ability to see things that are invisible to the naked eye.
- Highlights the extent of the heat loss
- Identifies defects that exist.
- Money can be saved by dealing with the issues identified
Thermal Imaging can find defects in the following areas:
- Insulation defects in walls and roofs.
- Air leakage around service pipes.
- Heat loss through uninsulated pipe work.
- Radiators and underfloor heating.
- Energy wastage in electrical appliances.
- Ventilation and air conditioning.
- Electrical problems.
Other areas where thermal imaging is useful:
- Roof moisture and leak detection
- Fluid levels in tanks
- Medical and Veterinarian diagnostics
- Used extensively throughout industry applications
Thermal imaging is even used by the fire service to view real time imagery in dense smoky fires e.g. locating somebody in a smoke engulfed building. Hence, this technology could be life saving.
The increased energy consumption on properties due to poorly insulated buildings is plus 10 to 40%. Based on this information, taking the average home with an increased energy consumption of 20% and a yearly fuel bill of €1500 (i.e. Electricity,
Can you afford not to get a thermal imaging survey carried out. The potential savings far outweigh the costs associated with repairing these deficiencies. oil, gas, solid fuels), the saving on fuel usage would be €300 per year.
Talk to us today and we will set the ball in motion. You can then look forward to putting your savings to better use.
Professional Engineered Solutions, We’re there to meet your needs.